The Concord Curriculum
News & Announcements
Home > The Concord Curriculum > Learning for Life Programme
Learning for Life Programme
Outdoor Education @Concord
Outdoor Education (OE) was introduced in Concord in 2012. As a recognition of the effective and successful implementation of the OE programmes, MOE affirmed ‘Outdoor Education’ as the school’s Learning for Life Programme (LLP) in April 2014.
Outdoor Education @ Concord is a school-wide programme that involves all students from Primary 1 to Primary 6. The activities are progressively planned to suit the ages of the students. Through these activities, students experience varied levels of challenges and develop ruggedness (physical), resilience (mental & emotional), teamwork (social) and an appreciation of nature and their surrounding environment (aesthetics). Conscientious effort is made in the design of the activities to incorporate the 21 st Century Competencies.
A sustained effort is made to embed the emerging 21 st Century Competencies into the design of the programme. By the end of the sixth year, we hope that every student will graduate from Concord as confident, rugged and resilient leaders. With the school’s vision of ‘Caring Hearts, Enriched Minds, Determined Spirits’ as a guiding light, our OE ambassadors will bring OE soaring to new heights in Singapore’s education landscape.
Objectives of OE@Concord
- Create opportunities for students to engage in learning activities outside the classroom / school environment.
- Extend students’ learning of skills, knowledge and experiences beyond the classroom / school environment.
- Develop strong character and engage the students’ minds and bodies through outdoor learning.
- Promote greater awarenessof the school values, leadership skills, SE Competencies, 21 st Century Competencies through outdoor education.
Student Outcomes through OE@Concord
By providing high-quality outdoor education, we will see our students:
1) Enjoy participating in outdoor activities and adopt a positive attitude to challenge and adventure.
2) Gain personal confidence and self-esteem through taking challenges and achieving success.
Abseiling Exposure Programme
3) Develop their SEL competencies and appreciate the contributions and achievements of themselves and of others.
Team Building Games in PAL
4) Becoming alive to the natural environment and understand the importance of conservation and sustainable development.
Nature Appreciation in PAL
5) Acquiring and developing a range of skills in outdoor activities, expeditions and explorations .
Kayaking Orienteering Programme
6) Demonstrating increased initiative, self-reliance, responsibility, resilience and commitment.
National Climbing Competition
7) Developing and extending their key skills of communication, problem solving, leadership and teamwork .
P5 Adventure Camp
8) Learning to appreciate the benefits of physical fitness and lifelong value of participation in healthy leisure activities.
Simulated Caving in PAL
9) Displaying an increased motivation and appetite for learning that is contributing to raised levels of attainment in other aspects of education.
National Super Outdoor Race
10) Broadening their horizons and becoming open to a wider range of employment opportunities and life chances .
Level 1 Sport Climbing Course
Outdoor Adventure Facilities @Concord
Concord's Multi-Functional Rock Wall